Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1–2, NIV 1984).
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (1 Corinthians 10:13, NIV 1984).
“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:28–30, NIV 1984).
As it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”— but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. (1 Corinthians 2:9–10, NIV 1984).
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. (1 John 4:16–18, NIV 1984).
My Musings – No – in no respect or degree. No is probably the third word that toddlers learn to say after mama and dada. Typically, no is not something we want to hear or be told. Typically. But not always.
- No Condemnation – “For those who are in [accepted] Christ Jesus.” He took our condemnation upon Himself. If we are “in” Him the condemnation is gone, being already paid for once for all.
- No Temptation – Once we are in Christ Jesus the Holy Spirit lives within us, making it possible for us to “just say no” to temptation. “He will not let [us] be tempted beyond what [we] can bear.” Often we do, but we do not have to.
- No One – “Can snatch them out of my hand.” We are firmly in His grasp and He will never let us go. No one has the power to loosen His grip on us.
- No Eye, Ear or Mind – Can see, hear or conceive “what God has prepared for those who love him.” There is no end to His benevolence towards His children. It is beyond our ability to fully comprehend and beyond our wildest imagination.
- No Fear – In love. The only fear one could possibly feel from a loved is the loss of their love. Never will He leave or forsake us. Jesus did not go to the cross for a “romance” that would not last.
My Advice – There really is no way anyone should ever want to say no to this kind of a relationship. Say yes to no.