Originally blogged September 15, 2019. With so much focus on the end these days, it is sometimes refreshing to focus on the beginning.
My Musings – When studying the first chapter of Genesis, the focus of many are on the details and why they can or cannot be taken literally. But even before getting into the details are the first four words.
Four Words: Their Basic Definitions
• In – Expressing the time period [beginning] during which an event [creation of heavens and earth] takes place.
• The – Denoting one or more people [God] or things [beginning] already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge. Used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase [created the heavens and the earth].
• Beginning – The point in time or space at which something starts.
• God – the Creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme Being (IAM).
Four Words: Expanding Our Understanding
• Common Knowledge – The Creator is clearly seen in…
View original post 408 more words