Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends! (Philippians 4:1, NIV 1984).
My Musings – In a day and age where it is hard to stand at all, how can we possibly stand firm?
- Place No Confidence In The Flesh – We who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh. (Philippians 3:3, NIV 1984).
- Place All Confidence In Christ – Consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:8, NIV 1984).
- Forget What’s Past – Forgetting what is behind. (Philippians 3:13, NIV 1984).
- Press On To What’s Ahead – Straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13–14, NIV 1984).
- Don’t Be Worldly Minded – Many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. (Philippians 3:18–19, NIV 1984).
- Be Heavenly Minded – But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:20, NIV 1984).
My (Paul’s) Advice – All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. (Philippians 3:15–17, NIV 1984).