God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1–3, NIV 1984).
My Musings – Sometimes. the familiarity of the text causes us to lose focus on what it is telling us. With a tendency to merely gloss over what it is saying, while missing altogether what it is telling us.
- Refuge – a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble.
- Strength – the capacity to withstand great force or pressure.
- Ever-present – always there.
- Help – to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need.
- Fear – a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc.
- Etcetera – a number of unspecified…
View original post 208 more words